The resurrection: It’s a true story.
Jesus died on the cross. His body was wrapped in linen cloths and placed in a stone tomb not far from where he was executed. Then, when the women came to tend to Jesus’ body, they found something shocking. Nothing! Jesus’ body was not there. All the Gospels tell the same story. But some still question whether Jesus really did rise from the dead. Five pieces of evidence remain key to the case:
1. The empty tomb – where did the body go?
2. The visible, touchable Jesus – hundreds of people saw him and put their hands on him!
3. Authentic sources – it was the women who saw Jesus first. How embarrassing for the very male-dominated culture! They wouldn’t share this detail unless it were true.
4. Transformed disciples – who would die for a lie?
5. A worldwide movement – why did people across the known world devote their lives to telling others about Jesus, unless it was true?
The bottom line is: if you don’t think God is real, the story about Jesus coming back to life again will seem ridiculous. But if you’ve read this far, you probably have at least some sense that God is real – and maybe it’s time to learn more.